Pilates

Recently, I started going for pilates at Pilatique Pilates. I've done pilates once before but never went back because I was always too tired after training and if I wasn't training, the only thing I wanted to do was rest or sleep.

So, how has my pilates classes gone? AWESOME! I managed to get the 5 basic principles from the foundation of Stott Pilates done in 2 classes instead of 4. My instructor-trainer, Nanthini, said I have very good body awareness that's why I'm able to follow the class quite quickly. But to me, there's a lot more body awareness that I need to learn about. Breathing and body posture are the two main things that I will be focusing from now on.

Doing my exercises on the reformer.
Looks easy but there was a million things I had to think about when doing this exercise.
Definitely more thinking involved in pilates compared to swimming. 😅

The 5 basic principles are breathing, pelvic placement, rib cage placement, scapular placement and head placement. The first four were (to me) above average but my head placement is a problem. I tend to look downwards too much.

In the picture below, you can see the difference. The top picture is what feels normal to me but the bottom picture, which is the correct head position, feels like my chin is WAY higher than my forehead. I will certainly be (A LOT) more aware of this especially after Nanthini told me that I'll get lines LINES on my neck if I keep looking down!!! 😰😱

Holy crap..Can you spot those lines in the top pic?

Definitely looking forward to my next class but a bit upset that it will be my last class till I fully recover. 

Getting admitted in two days time!

<3
Cai Lin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is scoliosis?

Post op - 5 weeks!

1 year anniversary!