Two kinds of back pain

Been slacking a bit on my posting but if you do follow me on Instagram you will know that I've been trying to squeeze in as much travelling as I can before I go under the knife.

This post is about what kind of back pain I've had in the past. Every scoliosis patient is unique. We are bent at different angles, have different pain and look uniquely different. We are bent but we are definitely not broken and most of us are pretty damn strong. 💝

There are two kinds of back pain that I usually have:
1. A sharp pain at the thoracic-lumbar area where it is marked with a red star, or
2. A sore pain around my whole lower back which is circled in red.


How do I get rid of the pain?
1. The fastest and easiest way is to stretch. The most simple stretch I do when I'm having back pain is sit down, lean forward and hug my legs. This helps lengthen my lower back and ease the pain a little bit.
2. If I have some where to lie down then I will stretch out my hamstring. I usually do 10 repetitions on each side of my leg. While stretching, I breath out at the same time, hold the stretch for 1-2 seconds and slowly release.
3. I get a massage. Deep tissue massage really helps relief the tension in my back. I used to get a massage once or twice when I was training competitively, but now that I don't train as much anymore, I only get a massage fortnightly.

Other than this, I would say that my back is holding up pretty well. Getting ready to go under the knife in 12 more days! It's good that at the moment, I don't feel scared or nervous about my operation anymore but more excited about it!

<3
Cai Lin


Comments

  1. Nice written article on back pain. Now a days back pain or hunched back is common issue and its growing day by day. But it can be self diagnosed by using various fitness products like posture corrector, posture brace, recliner chair. I am a body health-fitness guide providing various information on that. https://superhealthguide.tumblr.com/ this is my blog where I am sharing health tips. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is scoliosis?

Post op 6 months!

1 year anniversary!