3.5 years post op

Time really flies. It's been 3 and a half years since my operation and 2 years and 2 months since I last blogged? My goodness. 

I was supposed to have my check up in June but decided to postpone my appointment because of Covid. But little did I know that the cases now would be much higher than in June! I mean, no one could foresee that this uninvited guest would have stayed so long and ruin so many people's lives, right? 

My drive to the hospital was a total breeze! The main rain heading towards the KL Hospital was close to empty at 8 in the morning! Got to the hospital and voila! parking on the ground floor instead of rounding and looking for parking from the 3rd floor upwards. 

Everytime I come here I feel like I'm going for a cardio workout cause this hospital is HUGE! 

It was my first time at a medical centre since Covid started and I must say that I'm really impressed with how well they implemented the SOPs! Everyone had to line up to get their temperature checked, scan the MySejahtera QR code and follow the one-way direction to wherever you're headed too. I could hear the police officers reminding people to keep their distance from one another as well. 

After getting my temperature checked and scanned the MySejahtera QR code, I headed to the registration counter to get my number. Guess what! New and improved system. They gave me a small instruction paper along with my number. One number to wait at the x-ray department and one number to wait to see my doctor. (Before this you had to ask the counter staff where to go and who to look for next)


The x-ray department was packed with people, mainly cause of social distancing but it was good to see that people were really taking social distancing seriously. Finally, it was my turn to get my x-ray done. Went into the room and as usual, the nurse will tell you to take off your clothes, make sure there's no metal and wear the gown provided in the cupboard. After I changed and as the nurse was fixing the x-ray machine she asked if I have removed my bra and next question was 'no metal in you panty right?' 😳 

Sister, chastity belt meh? 😂😆

Got my x-ray back in about an hour and went to the other side of the building to see my doctor. My doctor was happy to see my x-ray and said that I was doing well and that my rods and bones all looks good. Then he asked 'have you been exercising?' 😬🙊  'No doc cause I don't have any motivation to exercise still'. And he just casually went on to say 'It's ok, you can just go back to swimming.' Lol ok doc. Maybe after this CMCO ya. 

Fused from T10-L4. 2 hooks, 2 rods, 12 screws and 1 bridge. Still keeping me strong and sexy! 

That's all my sharing for today! Hopefully I'll write something sooner rather than in another 2 years time 😅  Please feel free to drop me some topics or questions on what you would like me to share about next! In the meantime, don't forget to wash your hands, wear a mask and stay safe! 

<3 
Cai Lin 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is scoliosis?

Post op - 5 weeks!

1 year anniversary!