Swimming with scoliosis

"Swimming with Scoliosis" - that was my topic during the Sports Medicine Australia conference last week. Every fourth year, this conference will be some where out of Australia and this year it happened to be in Langkawi! Great place and even greater conference. It was the first time I was invited to be a speaker at such a big huge event.

With Dr Chan - President of Sports Medicine Malaysia and
Mr Anthony Merrilees - CEO of Sports Medicine Australia

As you know, I was a former competitive swimmer and only decided to have my operation done recently as no surgeon could guarantee that I could go back into competitive swimming. Putting my surgery on hold also meant that my scoliosis would get worst as the years passed. But this was a risk I was willing to take because of my swimming career. At the end of the day it all turned out really well for me. Soon it will be 6 months since my operation and all that I've been through has most definitely been worth it. 




A huge THANK YOU to Sports Medicine Australia for having me at your conference. It was definitely an amazing opportunity for me.

<3
Cai Lin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is scoliosis?

1 year anniversary!

3.5 years post op